Setting Up To Ride
If you’re a first time rider, here are some guidelines to help you set up:
- Adjust the height of your seat to where your hip bone is located
- Use the distance between your elbow and your middle finger as a guide to how far forward your seat should be from your handlebars
- Adjust the handlebar height to the same level as your seat. Beginner’s and/or those with lower back issues should keep their handlebars higher
- Use the blue knob behind the handlebar to adjust your resistance level. Right is heavier, left is lighter resistance
- Push the cleat on the ball of your shoe into the pedal until it locks in (you’ll hear it click!)
- Clip out by pushing your heel away from the bike
What do Rubberduck and Aloha Cycle Club have to do with each other? They are best friends! So feel free to grab a coffee, a smoothie bowl, breakfast, lunch, a cheeky cake or healthy treat before (and after) class!
We have two showers and changing rooms. So you’re most welcome to shower and change at the studio.
We have two toilets which we share with our lovely neighbour, Rubberduck.
We provide hairdryers in our shower/changing rooms. We also provide shampoo, conditioner and shower gel.
What To Bring
We sell bottled water. We also provide filtered water. Bring your own bottle, and feel free to fill it up!
Hand/face towels are provided to help wipe your sweat during class. However, please bring your own shower towel.
We have a 24 hour cancellation policy. We will refund your class credit only if cancellation is made 24 hours or more before your class time
All riders at Aloha Cycle Club use cleated cycling shoes, which we provide (and clean after every use) at no extra cost. If you’d like to purchase your own pair of shoes, just let one of our staff members know and we’ll hook you up.
Classes start on time. We suggest arriving 15-20 minutes before your class starts to get changed, put your belongings in a locker and set up your bike. Please check in to your class with our receptionist at least 5 minutes before class time. If not, we will give your seat away to walk-ins or the next person on the waitlist. Please note our cancellation policy.
This section is all about consideration for others. Here are some general dos and dont’s:
- Show up on time. Aloha classes start on the dot
- Wipe down your bike after each class. it gets sweaty in the studio so please think about your fellow next rider.
- Control your body odour. a little awkward to mention…but we do have a small studio so it’s important that we get that b.o. under control
- Bring your mobile phone into class
- Leave your trash lying around for someone else to clean up
- Chit chat during class. Don’t worry, our studio is connected to Rubberduck, a great place for you to catch up with friends after class.
How to Book A Class
1. Login here or register your details here to create an account
2. Purchase class credits here
3. Reserve your bike here
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!